USE STRIPE TO TAKE PAYMENTS ONLINE
Allow your golfers to make a payment online, simply by entering their card details into a secure form. With this ability it's a great way to help reduce no-shows, by asking payment before completed booking.
The process is simple for the golfer and convenient for the proshop. Taking payments ahead of time will allow the proshop to smoothly operate, no matter how busy the day.
Integrated with Stripe, the proshop can feel secure, knowing their money is kept with one of the best software platforms for running an internet business.
Is there a minimum I can charge my bookers?
- Stripe does set a minimum charge for each transaction. It varies by country - see more here.
- If there is an error with the card, your booker will see a message directly from Stripe about what might be wrong and how they can fix it.
- Stripe does charge for taking payments, but they have a very competitive and simple charging mechanism. See Stripe's pricing page here for full details.
- In addition, YouCanBook.me takes a 1% commission for each payment you take.
- If someone cancels a booking they have paid for through YouCanBook.me, any refunds would need to be done through your Stripe account dashboard. You can read more about how to do that on this page.
- While Stripe will automatically refund all (or some) of their transaction fees, unfortunately their system is currently unable to automatically refund YouCanBook.me's 1% commission charge. In the future, we hope this will change, but at the moment this commission charge is therefore non-refundable.
- Stripe is working hard to roll out across the world, but it's not quite there yet. It is currently available for customers in these countries.
- When making charge requests, Stripe does not calculate any tax information for you. The amount you specify in the Booking Form > Payments must be the total amount to charge the customer, inclusive of any fees or taxes that they should be charged.
- At the moment it's not possible to take part payment and then charge a card later. You would need to set the full price in YouCanBook.me to be the deposit amount, and then you would manually charge the customer at the later point. We also don't support vouchers or coupons. We are looking at this as an area to develop but at the moment we don't have any plans to add them in the short term.
- Stripe collects the money and handles the financial aspect of the booking. You can keep track of payments and refunds by logging into your Stripe dashboard: https://dashboard.stripe.com/login?redirect=%2F.
- It may take up to 7 days for the first transfer to occur direct into your bank account.